Steps to adopting a Greyhound
There are several steps involved with adopting a greyhound. Don’t worry, we are here to help you through the process. The following are high steps that will help you through the process of successfully adopting a greyhound.
- Complete an adoption application and make sure to include your email address;
- Compile a list of your questions for us;
- We will contact you via email or the means of contact your prefer, to set up a phone interview. The phone interview will take between 30-45 minutes;
- We will schedule a convenient time with you to come and visit your home;
- After this we will let you know if you have been approved to adopt a greyhound;
- The start to finish screening process can take 1-3 weeks to complete;
- Please keep in mind that adopting a greyhound from New Jersey Greyhound Adoption may take 1-3 months as we foster all of our dogs and want to adopt out a healthy, happy, well adjusted greyhound that is the best match for you and your family.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask or take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).